1. The auction is organized, held, and conducted by Golden Lion Auctions LLP (in the following: auctioneer) on behalf of the sellers. The auction is open to everyone, yet the auctioneer reserves the right to exclude certain persons from the auction without stating the reasons thereof. Bidding requires prior registration. The buyer undertakes to pay the price of the items he/she wins within 5 workdays and to take over the items so purchased and have them transported. Otherwise, the auctioneer shall charge a default penalty of 5% per month. The buyer shall also be responsible for making sure no one else can use his/her account.
2. The prices indicated in the online catalog are starting prices; no items shall be sold below such prices. Bids shall start there and increase by 5%. The auctioneer shall sell the item to the buyer making the highest bid.
3. The purchase price shall consist of the hammer price + 20% buyer's premium. Goods bought through the live auction platform will be charged with an extra 2% commission. In case of a successful bid, the buyer must pay the full purchase price by wire transfer or in cash within 5 workdays. Once the purchase price and the commission are paid, the auctioneer shall deliver the purchased item(s) to the buyer by courier service. The fee of such shall be borne by the buyer. Taking the item(s) over personally may also be possible if agreed previously. However, the buyer must pay the full purchase price within 5 workdays under any circumstances. In case of late payment, the auctioneer shall charge a default penalty of 5% per month.
4. The auctioneer shall grant the opportunity to view the items beforehand to all persons interested, following the prior fixing of an appointment. The venue for such shall be the office of the auctioneer. An appointment may be made by email at [email protected]. Items are auctioned as seen, following assessment by the experts of the company, thus we cannot accept any subsequent claims related to the condition of the items.
5. The auctioneer guarantees the authenticity of each item unless otherwise stated in the description. They can be returned by bidders within 15 days if the authenticity is disputed. Buyers may request an extension to this period for a further 15 days for the purpose of autheation, buyers must agree with this extension with the auctioneer stating the lot(s) in question. 30 days after the sale our books are closed and no refunds will be made for any reason, and no returns accepted.
6. We don’t accept returns for slabbed coins, in these cases, the grading company is responsible for the condition and the authenticity because we can not examine them.
7. Payment options
Personally in cash.
By wire transfer to our EUR or USD account.
In all cases, the invoicing is done in Euro, in the case of payment of USD the exchange rate is at the current exchange rate of the European Central Bank.
8. Shipping charges include insurance of up to 100 Euros, if the buyer wishes to have higher insurance, it is his/her responsibility to notify the auctioneer. Under no circumstances will the auctioneer be liable for any loss or damage. Payment of the compensation amount can only be made after the commissioned, responsible courier company has already paid the compensation amount to the auctioneer.
9. By sending his/her offer, the buyer fully accepts the above.
10. In case of any dispute, the Court of Justice has jurisdiction for both parties in Brussels.